[Shorewall-newbies] Accounting help

obones obones at meloo.com
Wed Feb 11 18:00:58 PST 2004

obones wrote:

> internal counts
> - all incoming from the two networks
> - nothing that gets out of the firewall.

I think I got this working by adding ppp0: in front of the two nets for
which I want to count. So that it says: anything that gets in trough
ppp0 and from the nets I'm interested in. And as such, anything that
gets out of ppp0 isn't counted, even if the IP matches one of the nets.

internal:COUNT    -        ppp0:218.214.96.0/19        -        -    -    -
internal:COUNT    -        ppp0:218.214.200.0/21    -        -    -    -
DONE        internal

Still have to figure out how to exclude the internal count from the
external chain, but for now, I simply do a substraction and it seems to
work quite well.