[Shorewall-newbies] Trying to get shorewall to work inbound. Perhaps arp/routing issues.

Zot O'Connor zot at zotconsulting.com
Wed Feb 11 17:16:08 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:55, Tom Eastep wrote:

> That is exactly the setup described in
> http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.html -- have you read that
> document?

Well that got me a 404, so yes, I read that one many times :)  It does
have an 'l'

I have poured through the shorewall.net site, hit google, and have
played several times.

Is there a specific place in the docs I should look?

Thanks!

I have looked at

http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.htm#ProxyARP

I entered the addresses in proxarp, and and arp's are there, and the
routes are there.

I entered '-' in the zone field in the interfaces, the  I gave each host
a name (real0 - real12) in the hosts files, and then I added
real0-real12 to the zones files.

Should I add a - to eth0 in interfaces to prevent the all2all from
picking up the outside subnet of /24?  Or just change the order?

Thanks!

--
Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com>
White Knight Hackers, Inc.