[Shorewall-newbies] FTP problem

gregory aeon at pandora.be
Sun Dec 28 02:31:03 PST 2003

Tom Eastep wrote:

>On Monday 22 December 2003 01:10 pm, gregory wrote:
>

>>>You will need both the conntrack and the nat module and you need to
>>>configure them to use port 7121 -- have you done that?
>>>

>>Yes, I've all done this.
>>I installed them using:
>>insmod ip_conntrack_ftp ports=21,7121
>>same for the nat module.
>>
>>Still no go.
>>

>And what do you see if you try to use a line-mode client in debugging mode to
>connect to your server and do a directory listing? Are there any Shorewall
>log messages issued when you try this connection?
>
>-Tom

Haven't tried line-mode yet since I can't do it (have no access to it).
But the ftp client still gives me this:
< 331 Please specify the password.
 > PASS *****
< 230 Login successful.
 > REST 1
< 350 Restart position accepted (1).
 > REST 0
< 350 Restart position accepted (0).
 > SYST
< 215 UNIX Type: L8
 > PWD
< 257 "/"
~ Login completed.
 > PORT 192,168,0,102,7,155
< 500 Illegal PORT command.
~ Could not retrieve directory listing for "/"

I've edited the modules file to include ports 21 and 7121, but still no go.
When I access the ftp server from within my lan, I get instantly
connected. I also see no references in the Shorewall log.
Help please.

Gregory