[Shorewall-newbies] simple firewall setup

Francesca C. Smith fsmith at ladylinux.com
Sat Dec 27 18:57:51 PST 2003

Hello,

> The problem is that all the documentation assumes that shorewall is
> being used in a firewall/router scenario, and all the configuration
> files seem to be geared toward setting up zones on various interfaces
> and routing between them as the primary focus.

I maintain the sample files .. And there is a Single interface Sample ..
Take a look at that ..

> 192.168.0.2/192.168.0.50 on eth 0, and perhaps add port blocking to
> reduce access even further.
>
> *How do I simply tell shorewall to accept all traffic from ip range of
>  192.168.0.2/192.168.0.5 on eth0?  Are there any examples of this with
> port filtering as well?*

Is this 2 to 50 .. or 2 to 5 ??? .. Is your gateway in the Netgear
192.168.0.1 ??? >>>

http://www.shorewall.net/standalone.htm

Take a look here .. I use shorewall all the time in single interface
mode ..

Francesca