[Shorewall-newbies] re: ftp setup

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Wed Dec 17 14:33:14 PST 2003

Here is an excerpt from a personal response that I sent to the OP.

a) We don't know if BFTP is "Backup File Transfer Protocol" as defined in RFC
1068 or if it is the brand name of a product. If it is the former then it
uses TCP port 152 rather than TCP port 21. If it is the latter then Google
isn't showing it in the first 20 responses.

b) The phrase "...but the only way my users can access my ftp server is if i
add their ip address to the bftp allow field..." is meaningless to me and I
assume that is meaningless to everyone else on the list. If you can provide
us with a link that would allow us to read about your server software (if
that is what the above phrase refers to), we might be able to understand the
significance of that bit of information.
Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net