[Shorewall-newbies] re: ftp setup

Sterling Martin oilfield123 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 04:55:04 PST 2003

Can someone pleas help me get my ftp "syntax" working correctly,  i am
running bftp on my win2k server but the only way my users can access my ftp
server is if i add their ip address to the bftp allow field....  this didn't
happen before i installed shorewall firewall

my current rules are ...

ACCEPT          net             loc     tcp 21
ACCEPT          net             loc     tcp 20

i even tried this
#DNAT           net             loc:64.141.50.14,64.141.50.226 tcp ftp

which doesn't seem to do anything...in otherwords allow them access...

and btw it is a simple 2 nic setup with NO dmz etc... simple 2 nic setup
with loc and net zones

thanks for the help

Sheldon