[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall fills dmesg

Jorge Almeida jalmeida at math.ist.utl.pt
Sun Dec 14 01:14:34 PST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Francesca C. Smith wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes ...
>
> Do This In Your Rules File
>
> DROP	net	fw	icmp	8

> And the Windoze Zombies will irritate someone less protected than You
> ... :-)
Actually, my policy file has
net             all             DROP            info

and my rules file is empty, so I guess that's not necessary, unless I
misunderstood it all. But still the zombie-packets will keep pounding at
the modem, being accounted for, I suppose. No big deal, since the
contracted amount of monthly download is enough.  My problem is that dmesg
becomes unusable...

Thanks,

Jorge