[Shorewall-newbies] firewall setup error help! please! asap

Sterling Martin oilfield123 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 03:32:50 PST 2003

thanks guys ... i can see you understand my situation and are REALLY trying
to help me, i appreciate that and YES....... i DIDN'T set this up...some
other "expert" installed it and i'm trying to put the pieces together so i
have some semblance of security :)

and yes they are public ip's on the "loc" zone.... so if i understand you
correctly i should just comment out these lines in the policy file and  then
explicitly "allow" them in my rules file right?

hmmmmmm, that would also explain why when i tried a few rules it made no
difference....

ps ... you keep mentioning about a dmz zone is better for security .... how
does that work..... i do have 2 nic's in my server right now... how would
you suggest i change that....

could you "spell out a rule i could use to allow ftp access to my webserver
in the loc zone.... no i don't have a dmz zone.....:)