[Shorewall-newbies] H323 and videoconferencing

Alex Martin shorewall at rettc.com
Sun Dec 7 16:18:09 PST 2003

Hello,

I searched at www.shorewall.net for netmeeting:
Found FAQ #3:

3. I want to use Netmeeting or MSN Instant Messenger with Shorewall.
What do I do?

Answer: There is an H.323 connection tracking/NAT module ( H.323
connection tracking/NAT module) that helps with Netmeeting. Look here
(http://linux-igd.sourceforge.net/) for a solution for MSN IM but be
aware that there are significant security risks involved with this
solution. Also check the Netfilter mailing list archives at
http://www.netfilter.org.

Does this help? I am not familiar with h323. But I am happy to help you
work through it. Apparently, there are many different applications that
use variants of the definition.

Alex Martin
http://www.rettc.com