[Shorewall-users] Re: [Shorewall-newbies] Re: Shorewall-newbies Digest; Problems with blacklist and nat !

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Dec 7 12:45:19 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 08:18, Tom Eastep wrote:
>  have a network of  35 users, on a
> > > Linux Mandrake 9.2 server.
> > >     As I was adding more users in my network, I found a problem with the
> > > maclist. From n  ip-macs in the maclist, shorewall is processing only n-1.
>
> Sounds like the last line in the maclist file isn't terminated with a
> <newline> character.

Those comment lines that end each of the configuration files are there
for a reason.

> > > And the nat address to address does'n work, or at list I coudn't make it
> > > work.
>
> Evidence please. /etc/shorewall/maclist DOES WORK! -- I use it myself.

I just re-read this and noticed that the OP switched from maclist to nat
(doesn't say which form of nat). All forms of NAT work in Shorewall so
you are doing something wrong. Again, please give us some details;
complaining that "it doesn't work" may get you sympathy but it
definitely won't get your problem solved.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net