[Shorewall-newbies] Re: Shorewall-newbies Digest, Vol 1, Issue 6

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Dec 7 08:39:47 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 12:00,
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:45:31 -0500
> From: Francesca C Smith <fsmith at ladylinux.com>
> Subject: Re: [Shorewall-newbies] RealPlayer and Shorewall- Getting
> 	closer
> To: "Oliver Ertl" <76729 at gmx.de>,
> 	shorewall-newbies at lists.shorewall.net
>
> Hello,
>
> Did you make any of the changes I suggested yesterday ??? .. If So ..
>
> Repost your current configs ..
>
> I still think you are just sending the connections to your WLAN interface ..
>
> rather than the host running the IP
>
> Francesca

I have a dual-boot Windows XP/Mandrake 9.2 system behind my Shorewall
firewall. I find that the RealOne player under XP is able to
auto-configure itself to use UDP for its playback transport without any
problems whereas the Linux G2 player only works using TCP.

As described at the real.com firewalling site, I'm forwarding UDP ports
6970-7170 to the internal machine:

	DNAT   net    loc:192.168.1.5   udp   6970:7170

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net