[Shorewall-users] Re: [Shorewall-newbies] Re: Shorewall-newbies Digest; Problems with blacklist and nat !

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Dec 7 08:18:03 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 01:30, Alex Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have forwarded this to the shorewall-users list.
> You will find better support for this obscure problem there.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex Martin
> http://www.rettc.com
>
> Cristian Valentin Barean wrote:
> >         Hello !
> >     My name is Barean Cristian, and I have a network of  35 users, on a
> > Linux Mandrake 9.2 server.
> >     As I was adding more users in my network, I found a problem with the
> > maclist. From n  ip-macs in the maclist, shorewall is processing only n-1.

Sounds like the last line in the maclist file isn't terminated with a
<newline> character.

> > And the nat address to address does'n work, or at list I coudn't make it
> > work.

Evidence please. /etc/shorewall/maclist DOES WORK! -- I use it myself.

Please post as text attachments your /etc/shorewall/maclist file along
with "shorewall show" output for the maclist chains that you think don't
match that file.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net