[Shorewall-newbies] Make "no-response"

Francesca C Smith fsmith at ladylinux.com
Fri Dec 5 11:49:08 PST 2003

Hello,

I am not quite understanding the question ..

If you don't allow communication into your Internal "loc" zone

You will have no ports open to prob ..

If this is a single interface machine with vulnerable open ports to the net
zone ..

Whats the point of a firewall then ??

If so get another interface .. and then on that interface do your Internal
NFS ..

Francesca
At 05:28 AM 12/5/2003, Oivind.Hundal at kj.uib.no wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have to open specific ports in order to get NFS working. Can I then make a
>shorewall rule so that probing these ports from the internet, results in no
>response (i.e. to the internet, they do not seem to be open)?
>
>Newbie Oivind Hundal

"No Problems Only Solutions"
Francesca C. Smith
Lady Linux Internet Services