[Shorewall-newbies] Current situation, and eventual goals

Francesca C Smith fsmith at ladylinux.com
Thu Dec 4 20:37:28 PST 2003

Hello,

Ok .. Well I am still mystified what the routing purpose of the Red Hat
Machine Is ..

Let me take a stab .. From my point of view ...

Eth0 is for Web access ... SSH .. etc .. You are going to run a public web
server etc on the FW

Eth1 is for local admin support .. ???

Sorry But I Am Seeing What You Are Trying To Accomplish .. Just need to
fill in the blanks

Francesca
At 08:31 PM 12/4/2003, Tim Chetelat wrote:
>Yes.  The router/net/firewall device on routable IP 66.134.241.78 is a
>separate device, that just handles the windows machines.  The redhat 8
>server is running Shorewall, and will just provide firewall for that
>machine.

"No Problems Only Solutions"
Francesca C. Smith
Lady Linux Internet Services